Monday 29 October 2012

Emma’s Reflection


This is the first time I have ever taken regular physic course. Last year, I was in the IB Physics SL 11 class. I found that IB is not suitable for me since I am not considering going to study in the States. Last year, I did very well in IB physics. My final mark is an A. So I have confident that I can do well this year in regular physics class. However, having too much confidence is not really a good thing because I found that I am not spending as much time in studying and doing questions as last year. This is because I thought that I have already learned these stuff last year that I don't need to study as much. In fact, i found that I have forgotten "everything" because I have not look at physics stuff since summer break started. I need to refresh my memories. Moreover, a lot of the things I learned this year are different from what I have learned last year. This is because there are many different methods for solving a single question.

From now on, I will spend more time on studying and doing practice questions. I also have difficulties in memorizing formulas. Although the formula sheet is provided during tests, there are still a few formulas that are not on the formula sheet. I found it very difficult on memorizing formulas and I often mix up different formulas. Sometimes, I even mix up the positive/negative sign of a value and I will end up messing up the whole calculation and get an incorrect answer.

I found that doing practice questions is a very effective way to learn. It will not only help you to understand the concept and be more familiar with different kind of cases, but it will also help you to memorize the specific formulas that are used in solving that kind of questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment